PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Apache/PHP/Samba problems after update to 9.10

Firegun
January 25th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Hello guys,

I have a local server running LAMP (Ubuntu 9.10, Apache 2.2.12, PHP 5.3.0), and Iīve used to mound a share from my personal PC (running windows 7 now, but also worked on winxp) to test my sites. Well, all that worked just perfect, I was able to manipulate large sites (with huge libraries, as ZF and so on) and to test then on the linux box (witch is most near from the production env Iīm use).

After updating to ubuntu 9.10 I runned into lots of troubles with samba, some of then Iīve manange to solve (related to number of opened files), but this one continue, and I was unable to findout what is the problem. I had to change the strategy, now to it work I have the files on the linux box and mount that on my personal PC, but that causes LOTs of unnecessary network traffic (I use an eclipse based IDE, so when I open it that checks for SVN cache, read all files from libraries...), and make my job slower and harder.

The problem is the follow, when I try to run the sites on the samba mounted share (files on my PC and mounted on server) if I donīt give it a full path on includes (like /home/www/site/lib/file.php) that donīt work, saying that the file canīt be found, even with the include_path of php pointing to /home/www/site/lib, when it should simply work with a direct include of the file (just saying incude 'file.php', I think most ppl using Zend Framework knows what I mean).

The same site works perfectly if I put all the files in the server. I had the very same configuration working on my office, but with ubuntu 9.04.

I canīt say where the problem rly is, Iīm about to say that is in the samba, but I donīt know even how to test or debug further this problem.

I hope I was able to make my point clear, cause at this point Iīm about to take my hair out of my head. Hope some1 can help me find out what had happened.