PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] nm-applet rejects my password

Sutur
January 24th, 2010, 03:44 AM
As the title says, nm-applet rejects my password that I'm positive is correct.

Using a custom compiz session,

#!/bin/bash
compiz &
emerald &
xfce4-panel &
gnome-power-manager &
bluetooth-applet &
gnome-do &
gksu nm-applet
#nm-applet

Have to use 'gksu nm-applet' because trying it as any other user rejects the password, and this results in me entering the wireless key and root password every time I boot. Can anyone help please?

tgeer43
January 24th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Here's something to try:

Go to System->Administration->Users and Groups. Select the user that you want to fix then select 'Properties'. Go to the 'User Privileges' tab and make sure that 'Connect to wireless and ethernet networks' is checked.
Or, if you are using a dial-up modem then make sure that 'Connect to internet using a modem' and 'Use modems' are selected.

Not certain this will help but it's definitely worth a try.

tgeer

Sutur
January 25th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Here's something to try:

Go to System->Administration->Users and Groups. Select the user that you want to fix then select 'Properties'. Go to the 'User Privileges' tab and make sure that 'Connect to wireless and ethernet networks' is checked.
Or, if you are using a dial-up modem then make sure that 'Connect to internet using a modem' and 'Use modems' are selected.

Not certain this will help but it's definitely worth a try.

tgeer

Could you just run the following command and click on that dialogue you're pointing me to? I need the 'terminal name' because I have a custom session (no menus, just gnome-do).

xprop |grep CLASS

Cheers!

**EDIT** Never mind, I got it. 'users-admin'.

Sutur
January 25th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Ah, thanks mate. That did it!

tgeer43
January 26th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Ah, thanks mate. That did it!
Glad I could help. You're quite welcome.

tgeer