PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB Headset-problems w/Stereo

sgriggly
January 23rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
hi, i recently got a USB headset, and finally got it working (found a lot of suggestions to remove pulseaudio, so i did), but it only gives sound through the right earphone. any ideas? they have a start-up sound when you plug them in, so i know the left speaker is good...

sgriggly
January 23rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
my sound settings are all on "ALSA - Advanced Linux Sound Arch.", except for "Device" which is set to "C-Media USB Headphone Set (Alsa Mixer)".

they weren't working at all on my system until i did "sudo get-apt remove pulseaudio", and set "asoundconf" to default...

the headphones are gigaware, got 'em at Radioshack. again, the main problem is they aren't playing in stereo, only through the right headphone, but they also don't respond to any of the volume settings in the volume control panel (only way to change the volume is within the media program that is running).

sgriggly
January 23rd, 2010, 11:46 PM
can anybody help?

purplepaint
January 24th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I know it's a slightly different issue, but I'm having the same problem with traditional headphones (in a headphone jack) on an Eee PC (my thread didn't get any replies either).

luffy_chan_19
January 24th, 2010, 04:33 PM
i sometimes have problems with my usb headphones. my suggestion is to right click the volume control and
select "sound preferences" the "output" tab there should be an option to change the speaker ballance i think this maybe the problem. if this does not help i might have another suggestion. i just have to think about it for a minute.

please reply on whether my suggestion worked or not...it boosts my confidence..

sgriggly
January 24th, 2010, 04:44 PM
hmmm, i don't have an "output" tab.only "devices", "sounds", and "system beep".

luffy_chan_19
January 24th, 2010, 04:47 PM
what version of ubuntu are you currently using? and could you post screen shot of each tab so that i can see, maybe i will be able to figure it out. or maybe email screenshots to stmary.johnathan123@gmail.com