PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech wireless dj

Bodhibear420
January 21st, 2010, 03:12 PM
Ok, this is going to be pretty involved and convoluted but any help will be GREATLY appreciated. I am currently running 9.10 and am trying to figure out a way to run my logitech wireless dj system so I can access my music files through the stereo in a room away from my computer. Here is where the issue starts. The wireless DJ system runs on "streampoint" and only works through windows media player and wondows os, so here is what I am trying to do. If figure if I run it through virtualbox, I can bypass the issue. The problems I am running into are 1) the transmitter connects via a usb port that isn't recognized in the virtual OS (WindowsXP) and along the same lines 2) my music is stored on an external hard drive once again hooked up via usb. In Ubuntu, I can go to system>preferences>sound and click on the transmitter, but it still doesn't work that way so I think I am going to have to use a windows OS in some fashion to accomplish this. I also tried using Wine to open the program for running the wireless DJ and that led nowhere. So those are 2 avenues already explored. Does anyone know how I can get this crazy thing to work either through virtualbox or any other method? Thank you