PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Enhanced mplayer: /usr/bin/hmplayer

frenchn00b
January 21st, 2010, 01:07 PM
Hello,

Many website have rather difficult streams, to be handled.

I am pleased to provide your /usr/bin/hmplayer.

Best regards

mc4man
January 21st, 2010, 07:01 PM
A few things
First your attacment is not a .gz, just a .tar

Second being just a script you may have wanted to also post it so people could see.

Actually did try as just a script (in ~/bin) and does work. - not inclined to run the installer, no need here and just in general

script

#!/bin/sh
# /usr/bin/hmplayer
# (h)mplayer, as enHanced mplayer

##tested with mplayer -playlist "http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/tx/nb/live_ennws_au_nb.asx" && status="failed"
mplayer -playlist "$1" && status="failed"

if [ "$status" = "failed" ] ; then
echo "Starting the url link fetcher ..."
mkdir "/tmp/hmplayer-$(whoami)"
wget -k "$1" -O "/tmp/hmplayer-$(whoami)/hmplayer.0"
cat "/tmp/hmplayer-$(whoami)/hmplayer.0" | grep -o 'http:[^"]*' > "/tmp/hmplayer-$(whoami)/hmplayer.1"
echo "Found the URL : " `cat /tmp/hmplayer-$(whoami)/hmplayer.1`
mplayer -playlist `cat /tmp/hmplayer-$(whoami)/hmplayer.1`

fi

frenchn00b
January 22nd, 2010, 12:25 AM
Cool... I am really happy that there is some feedback and I appreciate a lot your comments. Thanks I am glad to learn.

tar cvf I used to make the tar.gz format. I always thought that it was the best way... ok, i'll check out how to make better
tar xvfpz I use to unpack usually.

So, concerning the hmplayer:
dont you think that it is strange that mplayer (not hmplayer) cannot simply seek deeper into the stream url?

I think that this hmplayer has lot lot of benefits: hmplayer permits to play any kind of stream.

To come to this question:
since mplayer is the rolls-royce of the multimedia video/music player:
why they havent code mplayer yet to be capable of seeking the website better? I mean the stream was there, not too complex to find.

I am sure if this hmplayer would be known, it would be interesting for a mass amount of users, because believe me, lot of linux users do mplayer streaming...

Well, ... bit surprised that mplayer cannot.

Thank you for your positive comments, they are super.