PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't Change Album Art in Rhythmbox

Bonzzai
January 21st, 2010, 07:30 AM
Hi there,

I'm trying to reorganize my files and organize my music on Rhythmbox, but I've run into a really annoying problem. The cover art for one song on a particular album isn't right. All the other songs in the album are displaying properly.

I have the album cover in the same folder that the music is in with the name "Cover.jpg".

I've tried about everything I can think of. I've tried renaming the image file, tried dragging it to the album art area in the player, and I've tried moving it to the Rhythmbox folder under the name "~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/covers/Artist Name - Album Name.jpg" (Of course inserting the correct album name and artist name exactly the way it is shown in Rhythmbox). It will change if I drag and drop it, but once I go back and play the song again, it will revert to the wrong cover art.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

eg0n
January 21st, 2010, 11:23 AM
You should use a tag editor program (I think EasyTag is the best) and change the picture that is already stored from there.
Take a look at the following image

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy276/_eg0n/Screenshot.png

That works for me whenever I have the same problem.

Bonzzai
January 22nd, 2010, 03:00 AM
Thank you! That worked perfectly. :D

Joshimitsu
November 26th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm having problems with album art and my ipod touch on rhythmbox. I've updated the album art on some of my tracks using easytag, but for some reason, it reverts to old album art that was incorrectly embedded before. I can see the correct image in both easytag and mp3tag and it even plays with the correct album art in rhythmbox, but then reverts to the old one as soon as I sync my ipod touch.

Is rhythmbox storing that old image somewhere, because every tagging software I use tells me the new album art is definitely embedded?