PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 855gme graphics 9.10 ubuntu tv not working

blade1981m
January 21st, 2010, 04:42 AM
I have just recently installed Ubuntu 9.10 on an old M35X-S149 Toshiba laptop which uses the 855gme graphics set. I am very happy with it so far and after a bit of forum searching was even able to get it to connect to my wifi. However, I am now trying to hook it to my TV using an S-video cable which worked ok when it was windows and I cant seem to get it to work. I have searched forums quite a bit and almost all resolutions seem to revolve around xorg.conf which i cannot find where it is supposed to be located. I did some more searching and found some commands to run to get one created in 9.10 and it didnt seem to create the file.

I am an extreme novice when it comes to linux related stuff, but am usually pretty good at following directions, so I was a bit disappointed that I could not get it to work. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Oh and also, if anyone knows - is there a good replacement for autohotkey for ubuntu? I am basically writing macros to search for an image on screen and then click a button. Its not a huge deal as i still have a windows machine i can do that on, but it would be nice to have.

Anyway thanks again.

blade1981m
January 22nd, 2010, 01:42 AM
bump