PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Graphic Design

abdullahajj
January 20th, 2010, 03:37 AM
My friend Mohammad is a graphics designer. He creates website design's and logo's for people. He uses photoshop, and for the website design he pays some people from India to code them.

He makes a lot of money! And he's only 13 years old (I'm 14)

Can you do the same thing in GIMP? Are there any good tutorials for website design?

I need to get on the graphics design bandwagon. lol

Chasey
January 20th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Check out youtube.com there are a couple of people making tutorials that are pretty good.

PenguinInside
January 20th, 2010, 06:13 AM
GIMP is just fine for 2D web-based work.

If you don't have the legacy of having gotten used to Photoshop, just start out by learning GIMP. Also don't forget vector drawing programs like Inkscape.

synapsys
January 20th, 2010, 06:50 AM
GIMP is great for a lot of things, but the truth is..... nothing can compete with the beast that is photoshop.

Paqman
January 20th, 2010, 06:54 AM
GIMP is best for manipulating photos, if you want to design logos you'd be better off with Inkscape.

peace.gangsta
January 27th, 2010, 02:31 PM
You can get your wine to run photoshop..:))

peace.gangsta
January 27th, 2010, 02:35 PM
You can get your wine to run photoshop..:))
But theres one thing more if you are a newb to photo editing and other basic 2d effects , then you can always go for GIMP and avoid the photoshop mish-mash..

J V
January 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Gimp is good for creating logos and the like if you know where to find the features, but to tell you the truth, I haven't found all the features yet and thats still my opinion :)

Theres a lot you can do in gimp no-one knows about...

juancarlospaco
January 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
-Gimp
-Inkscape
-Xaralx
-Blender
-Scribus

Gimp can be better on some tasks than Photoshop, learn Python-fu and Script-uf