PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Backup system, Restore from grub.

bacterialbag
January 19th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hello Ubuntu-users:)

First of I wanne thank all of you for the great help this forum has offered me. After several days of banging my head against the wall i finally got my EEE 1201N system and all his hardware up and running! :D:D The system is a Windows 7 and Ubuntu Multiboot.

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this question, but from my point of view it has everything to do with security;

So the next thing popped in my head; I wanne safe the progress i have made so far!!.

So the question;

How can I clone my hardisc, (all his partitions, the windows AND linux) and safe the image on the same hardisc (Maybe even on a special partition, like acronis??), and be able to load the restore-tool from the bootloader/grub?

Are there any tools except acronis that can do this? (I've tried Acronis but it gives too much errors, failures, bluescreens, not safe at all )

Preferably a windows tool since I just started learning Ubuntu, but something not extremely complicated or something i can boot should do the trick to.

I thank you for your help.

Bacterialbag

(Sorry for the bad grammar, I'm no native English speaker at all)

FuturePilot
January 19th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Clonezilla (http://clonezilla.org/) will do exactly what you want. The interface is pretty straight forward too.

kewlrichie
January 20th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I second clonezilla.