PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ableton or simmilar

Dj brutal
January 19th, 2010, 05:05 AM
So, im very new to ubuntu like, installed last night, and im a ableton live suite 8, Fl 8 studio and serato live user, and was really wondering, if there was a program i could use that is very alike to ableton, like i know theres Lmms, but i need something closer to ableton8, can anyone help?

AutoStatic
January 19th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Hello DJ Brutal, there is no such thing closer to Ablteton than Ableton itself. If you want to make music with Ubuntu or Linux in general you have to get acquainted with the possible workflows and accept that you might have to let go of how you did things on Windows or Mac: http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm

mango42
January 20th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Dare I say it would benefit Linux / UbuntuStudio programmers no end if they would carefully study the ergonomics of such commercial programs mentioned above by our Brutal newcomer, if only because they have had far wider (and perhaps far more strident!?) user feedback?

There is a culture shock aspect here that really needs addressing, IMO and Ableton could become a yardstick upon which to base a future Linux 'user friendly' audio paradigm...

Chembletek
June 1st, 2011, 03:03 AM
So, im very new to ubuntu like, installed last night, and im a ableton live suite 8, Fl 8 studio and serato live user, and was really wondering, if there was a program i could use that is very alike to ableton, like i know theres Lmms, but i need something closer to ableton8, can anyone help?
PM me and I'll give you a working ableton for linux.

sgx
June 1st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Dare I say it would benefit Linux / UbuntuStudio programmers no end if they would carefully study the ergonomics of such commercial programs mentioned above by our Brutal newcomer, if only because they have had far wider (and perhaps far more strident!?) user feedback?

There is a culture shock aspect here that really needs addressing, IMO and Ableton could become a yardstick upon which to base a future Linux 'user friendly' audio paradigm...

Customers being driven off to Linux after dropping $700 on a couple of DAWs might not be the paradigm that FLS and Ableton
were banking on ;)

sgx
June 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM

Hi, don't get in a hurry, what instruments do you play, and what
style music do you wish to record? We can help you find the specific linux instruments and apps best suited from a short, but
well implemented selection.

Linux is the DAW, we co-ordinate and connect the parts to our advantage, not bound by the limitations of one environment, and the failings of commercial office operating system conventions.

There is no magic bullet, but freedom to produce music with great freedom and efficiency,
and splendid results. Start by reading the links at the qjackctl wiki, the info will be about connecting your software and hardware.
Cheers