PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GTA: San Andreas on Ubuntu 9.10

unklejoe
January 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Any help you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out!!

OK, so I found the game in a draw and thought I'd like to go for a rampage. So I did some research and downloaded the latest version of Wine (1.1.36) and I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 with all the latest updates.

Installation was fine, if a little slow. Once the installation was completed, I went Applications > Wine > Programs > Rockstar Games > Play San Andreas.

After about 5 seconds, it comes up with "gta_sa.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close"

I then tried using "Playonlinux" Once again, it installed perfectly right up until the end, when it told me that the disk had copy protection and WINE will not play it!!

How do I get it working?? According to the WineHQ site, GTA: San Andreas works almost perfectly, yet no matter what I try, I can't even get it to boot up.

The other thing that is confusing me somewhat, is in Playonlinux, under Plug-ins > System > System test, it's blank after "Graphics card" yet I have an ATI HD 2400 XT and the drivers are installed. Any idea why?

** Please note, I'm still new to linux, so please explain as if your speaking to a noob**