PDA

View Full Version : can non US citizen get job in US in programming(java)

funkygarzon
January 16th, 2010, 07:44 PM
hi guys and my friends ,

i am new here and i was exited in seeing all the thread's really it is very useful .

Now my thread is ALL about getting job in java/j2ee in US(united states). I am an indian but now a day many of the non US citizens are not getting job in US,But i want to know weather we can get job in us? And if yes ,please anyone tell me the best way or online site or some contact no's or E.mails address, so that i can follow the ways or site or contact particular person for job in US , because i would like and love to work in US(united states) ,and like to earn more money to help poor peoples and also to survive in this world for the glory of jesus christ ... i hope all guys will help me in my situation ...thanks in advance ......GOB BLESS YOU ALL

FreshP
January 16th, 2010, 07:50 PM
As far as i know, you need a green card to live and work in the US. I have no idea where and how to get it.

Unlimited Bit
January 16th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Get a green card
Get a portfolio
Get an attitude ( searching for a job via e-mail is .. lame )

JackRock
January 16th, 2010, 08:05 PM
You either need a green immigrants card, or to have a valid passport issued by your country and a "work" visa applied to it (which would be granted based on an application to the US). Check with your country's emigration office or see if you can talk to the U.S. Embassy there.

OgreProgrammer
January 16th, 2010, 08:19 PM
The nice people over at this forum will help you. I hang out in the Canadian one.

http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-forums-usa

Senesence
January 16th, 2010, 08:28 PM
many of the non US citizens are not getting job in US

The same could be said for actual US citizens.

i would like and love to work in US(united states) ,and like to earn more money to help poor peoples and also to survive in this world for the glory of jesus christ ... i hope all guys will help me in my situation ...thanks in advance ......GOB BLESS YOU ALL

What is the minimum yearly salary that you would accept?

Being a Christian (and showing it) would certainly help you in a state like Kansas, but even there things would ultimately boil down to economics (how little they could pay you).

As for actually getting here; a student visa is probably your best bet (if you can get one).

PS: How is the global economic crisis affecting India? I assume the number of incoming jobs (from first world nations) decreased?

funkygarzon
January 17th, 2010, 06:48 PM
@FreshP,@Unlimited Bit ,@JackRock,@OgreProgrammer, @Senesence

first of all i thank you all for the wonderful and useful replies my mates an my friends .....:)

@FreshP, @Unlimited Bit

As far as i know, you need a green card to live and work in the US. I have no idea where and how to get it.

* Get a green card
* Get a portfolio
* Get an attitude ( searching for a job via e-mail is .. lame )

mate and my friends, to get GREEN CARD , i have to stay in US for atleast 5 years right ?... i haven't went to US even once in my life time mates ? is there any way to get green card before going to US dudes .sorry for this noob question ..?

@JackRock,

You either need a green immigrants card, or to have a valid passport issued by your country and a "work" visa applied to it (which would be granted based on an application to the US). Check with your country's emigration office or see if you can talk to the U.S. Embassy there.

mate actually "work" visa is issued only if US company gives job right ? but i don't know how to apply to US company effectively to get job dude ?... pls help me dude :(

@OgreProgrammer,

thanks a lot mate and my friend for the useful site dude ..... let me see that dude ..... :)

@Senesence,

yes ofcourse dude you are right many of the US ppl itself are not getting job in US,but US is economically rich, so there is so many legal ways to earn money right dude ?... actually thats what i heard and read about US dude .....i don't know exactly :(

As for actually getting here; a student visa is probably your best bet (if you can get one).

dude and my friend ,i am not so rich to spend money for education in US ,because i am medium family and i don't want my parents to spend money for me as i am old enough dude .... :(

PS: How is the global economic crisis affecting India? I assume the number of incoming jobs (from first world nations) decreased?

yes dude the no of incoming job is decreased :(. and many of them here are not getting job even for the UG and PG graduates dude .i don't know why dude ?

dwhitney67
January 17th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I thought the term "dude" went out with the '90s? Or was it the '80s?

Anyhow, what you need to do is apply for a jobs with a multinational corporation. Companies that spring to mind are Microsoft, Oracle, and Google.

If you get a job offer, then you will need to apply for an H1B work visa at the US Embassy/Consulate in your area. I Googled for H1B and found this site (http://www.h1base.com/); maybe it will offer you some insight.

Technically/legally, foreign nationals need a visa to work in the US. However, as so many of us know, there are thousands (if not millions) of people in the US that find employment even though they are in the US illegally, or arrived using a visa that does not permit the person to work (eg. a tourist visa).

Anyhow, to summarize, yes it is possible for a non-US citizen to get a job in the US. But you will need to take the first step to acquire a job.

funkygarzon
January 17th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I thought the term "dude" went out with the '90s? Or was it the '80s?

Anyhow, what you need to do is apply for a jobs with a multinational corporation. Companies that spring to mind are Microsoft, Oracle, and Google.

If you get a job offer, then you will need to apply for an H1B work visa at the US Embassy/Consulate in your area. I Googled for H1B and found this site (http://www.h1base.com/); maybe it will offer you some insight.

Technically/legally, foreign nationals need a visa to work in the US. However, as so many of us know, there are thousands (if not millions) of people in the US that find employment even though they are in the US illegally, or arrived using a visa that does not permit the person to work (eg. a tourist visa).

Anyhow, to summarize, yes it is possible for a non-US citizen to get a job in the US. But you will need to take the first step to acquire a job.

my friend and my mate , first of all i thank you for the useful reply mate , btw is it possible to get job in MNC(multinational company's) like Microsoft, google, oracle and IBM ? if yes ? what are the special skill they need from me to give job for me , i mean like what i have to show to them to get job mate? and please tell me the effective procedure to apply job on MNC's dude , because i saw many sites but all are not realyy helped me mate ......:(

JackRock
January 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
my friend and my mate , first of all i thank you for the useful reply mate , btw is it possible to get job in MNC(multinational company's) like Microsoft, google, oracle and IBM ? if yes ? what are the special skill they need from me to give job for me , i mean like what i have to show to them to get job mate? and please tell me the effective procedure to apply job on MNC's dude , because i saw many sites but all are not realyy helped me mate ......:(

Sadly, almost all of those questions are specific to each company. What works for one company won't work for another. And yes, you could get a job with a MNC. You'll need to contact each one in turn to find out the process and requirements for each.

phrostbyte
January 17th, 2010, 08:50 PM
You can get a H1-B visa.

dwhitney67
January 17th, 2010, 09:12 PM

:confused: Have you not ever worked before in your life? You get a job by first finding something that interest you, then upon analyzing whether you think you have the skills to do the job, you decide on whether to apply for the job.

The company is not going to take the time to find you, nor waste time considering whether you belong in the s/w engineering group or the sanitation engineering group. You have to make the effort to contact the company to tell them where you would like to be considered for employment.

Here's a typical site where one would go to look for employment opportunities with Microsoft:
https://careers.microsoft.com/

funkygarzon
January 18th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Sadly, almost all of those questions are specific to each company. What works for one company won't work for another. And yes, you could get a job with a MNC. You'll need to contact each one in turn to find out the process and requirements for each.

yes you are right mate and my friend ,each company is expecting differently dude . Thanks a lot for the helpful reply mate .. :)

You can get a H1-B visa.

oh thank you mate and my friend , i will try to get H1-B visa ,but before that do you know any effective method to get job in good MNC dude :(? Thanks a lot for the helpful reply mate

:confused: Have you not ever worked before in your life? You get a job by first finding something that interest you, then upon analyzing whether you think you have the skills to do the job, you decide on whether to apply for the job.

The company is not going to take the time to find you, nor waste time considering whether you belong in the s/w engineering group or the sanitation engineering group. You have to make the effort to contact the company to tell them where you would like to be considered for employment.

Here's a typical site where one would go to look for employment opportunities with Microsoft:
https://careers.microsoft.com/

yes dude i haven't worked before ,now only finished my B.tech (I.T) dude ,so i want to get nice and good guides from you all dude :)

BTW thanks a lot for the microsoft career link dude :)