PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 6th gen iPod classic and Karmic

clickypens
January 13th, 2010, 06:45 AM
So. For christmas I got a brand-new silver 160gb iPod classic. I plug it into my Hardy install and as soon as rhythmbox tries to put music on it, the program quits. So, figuring it's because it's not the most up-to-date install, I move to Karmic. So far, I'm having some mouse problems, but I'll deal with that later. Right now, I want to get my iPod working.

Plugging it in, Rhythmbox recognized it, told me to initialize it, which I did. I moved music onto it, unplugged it correctly, and see that no music is on it. I've looked up how to get it working, and everything deals with Jaunty. I try to follow the terminal commands, and it there's always at least one package that won't download.

I'm a pretty big n00b on ubuntu, I mostly use it for internet browsing. I know how to run basic commands on terminal, but can't get gtkpod to compile. I've seen that other people can get it to work, and it's a little bit upsetting that I can't use listen to music.

How in the world do I get this to work? Does amarok support the newest iPods? Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance!

clickypens
January 14th, 2010, 05:25 AM
guys, I've always been helped out on this forum. Somebody's gotta know something. Even if you just point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.