PDA

View Full Version : Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin

kudu
March 1st, 2006, 08:00 AM
I got this game to run but it's another one with sound issues. Has anyone else gotten this puppy working ? Is there a sound fix ?

I want to experiment with jackd. How do you set it up to work with cedega ? Anyone done this already ? Appreciate some help!

kudu...out

Bokonon
June 22nd, 2007, 06:10 AM
Any chance on posting how you got that far? I am happy with no sound...better than no game.

I am interested in all 3 of the classic CM games.

Cannaregio
November 25th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Any chance on posting how you got that far? I am happy with no sound...better than no game.

I am interested in all 3 of the classic CM games.h

Me too.
Bump.

Trying wine with CMBO (the older of the three CM) and it says could not initialize 3d graphic.

Any help?

Cannaregio
February 8th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Bump

Vadi
February 8th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Tried with the latest wine version?

http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html

Cannaregio
February 9th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Tried with the latest wine version?

http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html

Yep, I have the 9.54 already.
Screen comes up black. No graphic.
"Could not initialize 3dGraphics"

Anyone can help?

Here the relevant messages:

.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Combat Mission 2$ wine CombatMission2.exe
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f710,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 16
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateSurface Trying to create a render target that isn't in the default pool
fixme:d3d7:IDirect3DImpl_7_CreateDevice (0x2ce0030): Only one Direct3D device per DirectDraw object supported
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 16
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateSurface Trying to create a render target that isn't in the default pool
fixme:d3d7:IDirect3DImpl_7_CreateDevice (0x2ce0030): Only one Direct3D device per DirectDraw object supported
fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open

Cracauer
May 20th, 2008, 09:53 PM
You need Cedega.

I also had to use the non-cd patches last time I tried.

The sound is a little goofed up, I didn't notice it's really bad.

Cannaregio
November 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Ok, I managed it, had to use cedega, alas, wine as per november 2008 is still not able to run CMBB (combat mission barbarossa to berlin (http://www.battlefront.com/products/cmbb/cmbb.html), the best combat mission of them all).
Everything works, graphic, music and all.
Incredible game/simulation, as old as the cuckoo, yet still the best tactical/strategic game/simulation on this planet.
You'll enjoy playing it for years (not weeks, not months... this is as additive as software can be and you can spend a life studying a bazillion of different tactical and strategical related advice (http://www.battlefront.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=42))

Here is a short -hope complete- HOW-TO
----------------------------------------------------
How to run CMBB in GNU/Linux

1 ) Obtain cedega 6.0.2 total and cedega 6.0.5 engine

for instance:
TransGaming_CEDEGA_v6.0.5_Pro.rar

2 ) Install cedega 6.0.2 for debian
cedega-small_6.0.2_all.deb

3 ) now launch cedega from transgaming --> cedega

4 ) choose transgaming --> install local update

5 ) navigate to the cedega 6.0.5 engine

cedega-engine-6.0.5-local-update.i386.cpkg and install it (takes only half a second)

6 )Insert the CMBB disk or launch a virtual iso

7 ) choose install, create a game folder and navigate to the setup.exe (installation file) in the CMBB disk

8 ) Install CMBB as you would do in windows (takes very long)

9 ) Now get the no-cd patch from the web

10 ) Copy the patched file CombatMission2.exe to the CMBB folder inside .cedega/c_drive/Program Files/Combat Mission 2 overwriting the original CombatMission2.exe (or save first a copy of the original CombatMission2.exe if you so prefer)

11 ) Launch Combat Mission from Cedega

12 ) When presented with the graphic display BE CAREFUL: the maximum proposed resolution might push some of the commands too much over the lower edge of the screen, so be prepared, if this should happen, to delete the file
Combat Mission BB Prefs
and restart cedega-CMBB again, choosing aslightly lower resolution.

That's it... uff!