PDA

View Full Version : Can't find my Cairo-Dock !?!?

PepeLapiu
January 13th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Okay, I installed Cairo Dock a few weeks ago but un-installed it a few days later, still it appeared to be working fine back then.

Now I re-installed it just tonight via terminal.
But when I clicked on the icon, nothing happened, so I clicked again and nothing happened again. Then I started it from the terminal and here is the result:

pepelapiu@pepelapiu-laptop:~$ cairo-dock -o
warning : (cairo-dock-modules.c:cairo_dock_preload_module_from_directory :376)
this module ('/usr/lib/cairo-dock/libcd-switcher.so') needs at least Cairo-Dock v2.1.0, but Cairo-Dock is in v2.0.9-karmic1
It will be ignored
while opening module '/usr/lib/cairo-dock/libcd_xfce-integration.so' : (libthunar-vfs-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
this module ('/usr/lib/cairo-dock/libcd-Dbus.so') needs at least Cairo-Dock v2.1.0, but Cairo-Dock is in v2.0.9-karmic1
It will be ignored
gtk_widget_get_gl_context: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
OpenGL version: 2.1 Mesa 7.6
OpenGL vendor: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset GEM 20090712 2009Q2 RC3 x86/MMX/SSE2
WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function "glXCreatePbuffer" when GLX 1.3 is not supported! This is an application bug!
if your drivers are crappy, we'll know it immediately ...do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly.
Try adjusting the vblank_mode configuration parameter.
ok, they seem fine enough.
warning : (cairo-dock-config.c:cairo_dock_get_double_key_value:182)
Key file does not have key 'scroll speed'
warning : (cairo-dock-config.c:cairo_dock_get_double_key_value:182)
Key file does not have key 'scroll accel'
cairo_dock_replace_values_in_conf_file (/home/pepelapiu/.config/cairo-dock/current_theme/plug-ins/rendering/rendering.conf)
(null) -> -1;-1
cairo_dock_refresh_launcher_gui ()

VERIFIER LE CHANGEMENT DE CONTAINER POUR TERMINAL

So I looked into the System Monitor to see which processes are running. Turns out I have two instances of Cairo-Dock running but I can't find any windows or dock to that effect.

Where is my Cairo-Dock? How can I correct this problem?

Cheers,
PepeLapiu :)

tom.swartz07
January 13th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Im not sure how well cairo dock works with Ubuntu Netbook Remix.

If you have the clutter launcher, it takes most of the screen.

Is this the case?

PepeLapiu
January 13th, 2010, 04:38 AM
I'm not sure what a "clutter launcher" is but Cairo Dock appeared to look fine when I installed it the first time around.

But right now, nothing from Cairo Dock is taking any screen space. I can't find a dock or an icon or a launcher or a widget or even a config window. Cairo Dock appears to be running in the background with no visual evidence of it at all.

fabounet
January 13th, 2010, 11:18 AM
probably i nauto-hide, maybe behind your panel ?
try to run
cairo-dock -m
and set adjust the visibility.
the dock works perfectly on my Dell mini9 with the openGL.

PepeLapiu
January 14th, 2010, 02:59 AM
probably i nauto-hide, maybe behind your panel ?
try to run
cairo-dock -m
and set adjust the visibility.
the dock works perfectly on my Dell mini9 with the openGL.

Okay, I ran cairo-dock -m as you suggested and that brought up the configuration window ..... GREAT!!!!!

But only I still can't get the dock to poke out it's nose. I turned off auto-hide (which was on) but I still can't see the dock or anything else for that matter. So I thought "maybe the dock isn't showing up because it's empty so I added a few accessories and still nothing is happening.

Any other ideas? Anyway here is the terminal verbia if that can help anything:

pepelapiu@pepelapiu-laptop:~$
pepelapiu@pepelapiu-laptop:~$ cairo-dock -m
this module ('/usr/lib/cairo-dock/libcd-switcher.so') needs at least Cairo-Dock v2.1.0, but Cairo-Dock is in v2.0.9-karmic1
It will be ignored
while opening module '/usr/lib/cairo-dock/libcd_xfce-integration.so' : (libthunar-vfs-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
this module ('/usr/lib/cairo-dock/libcd-Dbus.so') needs at least Cairo-Dock v2.1.0, but Cairo-Dock is in v2.0.9-karmic1
It will be ignored
atk_object_set_name: assertion `name != NULL' failed
iNbConfigDialogs <- 1
debut de boucle bloquante ...

fabounet
January 14th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I would recommend to install the latest version the one in the Ubuntu repository is quite old, and a lot of work has been made since this time.
you can install it from the official PPA on Launchpad :
https://launchpad.net/~cairo-dock-team/+archive/weekly

Don't be afraid by the title of the page, this version is currently a release candidate, so it should be stable :-)
(deinstall it completely before to avoid any conflict)

PepeLapiu
January 15th, 2010, 03:37 AM
Well, my Cairo Dock is back!
But the thing is, I have no idea how or why it is back. There was a problem and now it appears it fixed itself all alone, or with my unknowing help. Which kinda pisses me off because I won't know how to fix it if it happens again.

Problems and hurdles are supposed to be an opportunity to learn ....... not this time thought! :S

tom.swartz07
January 15th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Well, my Cairo Dock is back!
But the thing is, I have no idea how or why it is back. There was a problem and now it appears it fixed itself all alone, or with my unknowing help. Which kinda pisses me off because I won't know how to fix it if it happens again.

Problems and hurdles are supposed to be an opportunity to learn ....... not this time thought! :S

Perhaps it was just because the computer needed to be rebooted?
HAHA

I have docky and as amazing as it is, you have to kill it/and or reboot the computer before the new updates take hold and it stops freaking out.