PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Empathy chat indicator won't go away.

omghahalol
January 12th, 2010, 11:32 PM
After running Empathy and quitting the program, the normal power button icon on the upper right taskbar has been replaced with a chat bubble also seemingly allowing me to change my status.

1. Is empathy still running, and if so how does one close it completely.
2. If not is it a bug that it still acts as if it running?

Example: [See Attached]

Thank you.

ubudog
January 12th, 2010, 11:34 PM
After running Empathy and quitting the program, the normal power button icon on the upper right taskbar has been replaced with a chat bubble also seemingly allowing me to change my status.

1. Is empathy still running, and if so how does one close it completely.
2. If not is it a bug that it still acts as if it running?

Example: [See Attached]

Thank you.

Did you hit X or Buddy>Quit?

omghahalol
January 12th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Did you hit X or Buddy>Quit?

I selected the Chat>Quit
I don't have a menu option for 'buddy' also, I am running karmic.

It is different from the Green Icon that sits in the 'tray' it's the icon to the absolute left of my username.

ubudog
January 12th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I selected the Chat>Quit
I don't have a menu option for 'buddy' also, I am running karmic.

It is different from the Green Icon that sits in the 'tray' it's the icon to the absolute left of my username.

I think it's a bug. On mine it takes a minute to change status on the panel, but I don't turn it off unless I turn off my computer.

ubudog
January 12th, 2010, 11:42 PM
You could try this though: Right click on your desktop, select "Create Launcher" Leave it as Application, the name could be something like "Close Emapthy" The command would be "kill -9 empathy" without the quotes. That might help.

omghahalol
January 13th, 2010, 01:01 AM
You could try this though: Right click on your desktop, select "Create Launcher" Leave it as Application, the name could be something like "Close Emapthy" The command would be "kill -9 empathy" without the quotes. That might help.

I'll try that thank you.

ubudog
January 15th, 2010, 12:02 AM
I'll try that thank you.

OK, post back if it works :D