PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Add/remove items from NBR launcher

samoflange
January 12th, 2010, 04:38 PM
How can I add and remove things from the NBR launcher? I understand how to modify the regular gnome menu, but those modifications do not change the big icons in the NBR launcher on the desktop. It seems I'm missing something obvious here, because this should be a simple thing to do.

Thanks for the help!

Puck7
January 12th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Are you trying to change the icons in the Favorites part?

At least that's what i understood.. if so, then you can change these icons by removing them from the windows by hovering the mouse over them and you'll see a "+" in the right corner. click on it and they will disappear.

samoflange
January 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM
No, I can do that just fine. I'm talking about the icons in the other sections of the launcher. I want to modify the contents of each section, and maybe add or remove sections themselves.

samoflange
January 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I don't think I made my question totally clear. I've uninstalled several programs that came with Ubuntu NBR 9.10. These were mostly games. However, the shortcuts to these games still appear in the NBR launcher on the desktop. They do not appear in the regular gnome dropdown menu nor in the 'Main Menu' editing window that is accessed via system--> preferences.

Thus, it appears to me that the "Main Menu" and the launcher are not modified in the same manner. But I have not found any way to modify the launcher.

I also would like to be able to add shortcuts to new programs I've installed, and create my own shortcut groupings/categories.

Puck7
January 12th, 2010, 07:44 PM
After searching around I didn't really find any fixes or even bugs for this. You should file a bug against this thought.

Here's one guide how to do that:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=284595

samoflange
January 12th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I feel stupid now! I just restarted my system for an unrelated reason, and afterwards the launcher had updated itself to reflect the changes made to the main menu. So, for anybody else with this problem, try restarting. Logging off may also work, but I haven't checked.

Puck7
January 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Glad it worked out.

Best thing to do, is try to do it again. If it doesn't work, try logging off, and back again.

And you could put [Solved] in the title (: