PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] no torrent server connection after update

andycowie
January 12th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I,ve just updated 8.04 to 9.10 ultimate edition. Previously when using torrent websites I could click on download torrent and the download would start. I could then click on the downloaded torrent and ktorrent would open and complete the download. However since the upgrade when I click on the download torrent link on for example ********* I get a message saying it is unable to connect to server. I am still using a direct connection to a SKY router. Any idea folks? Thanks in advance, Andy

lovinglinux
January 12th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I,ve just updated 8.04 to 9.10 ultimate edition. Previously when using torrent websites I could click on download torrent and the download would start. I could then click on the downloaded torrent and ktorrent would open and complete the download. However since the upgrade when I click on the download torrent link on for example ********* I get a message saying it is unable to connect to server. I am still using a direct connection to a SKY router. Any idea folks? Thanks in advance, Andy

So, basically you can't even download the torrent? You don't have a BitTorrent client connection issue, but you browser is not downloading the torrent file right?

Have you tried to download other types of files to see if the problem is with the browser download manager? Have you tried to download torrents from other web sites to see if the problem is on the server hosting the torrent files?

If you are able to download the torrent file and it opens on Ktorrent, but then you cannot connect, then see BitTorrent optimization and troubleshooting guide (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1259923).