PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Please help, strange problems

Lunaryume
January 12th, 2010, 05:52 AM
So i'm pretty new to linux so i'm not sure exactly what's going on. I've been using ubuntu for a few months and it worked perfectly. Last night my computer was working just fine but when I tried to boot it up in the morning all I got were some weird errors. I was given a bunch of different versions of linux to boot into, I tried all of them but none of them booted up. I would just get a screen that said there was a problem with the root system and then it would boot into a black screen. I just reinstalled ubuntu and completely reformated my hard drive and although I can now get online, no packages are available. If I go into the ubuntu software center i'm not even given an option to install any of the packages. When I try to install gnash or flash player it says it couldn't find the package. I'm completely stumped. Is my hard drive burning out or something? Thank you so much in advance. If there's any info you need i'll be glad to give it. Thank you!

dream_coder
January 12th, 2010, 10:48 AM
1. Check your software sources - System -> admin -> Software Sources and choose a different mirror. and try again.