PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] improved scrolling?

thomz92
January 12th, 2010, 02:57 AM
hi
i've been looking around for a way to enable smooth scrolling for applications such as nautilus and openoffice...is there a way? or at least is there a way to make it take smaller "steps" when scrolling so at least it looks a little smoother and easier to follow?

ubudog
January 12th, 2010, 03:02 AM
I think the scrolling is pretty "Smooth" already. Are you using a mouse or a trackpad?

thomz92
January 12th, 2010, 03:21 AM
well...i'm looking for a smooth scrolling option like they have for firefox, or something like it. I have both a laptop and a desktop, so i'm using both.

ubudog
January 12th, 2010, 11:32 PM
well...i'm looking for a smooth scrolling option like they have for firefox, or something like it. I have both a laptop and a desktop, so i'm using both.

Hmm... Don't think that there are any. Sorry :(

howefield
January 12th, 2010, 11:38 PM
There are a few threads on Ubuntu Brainstorm about this, you may as well vote them up, and improve your chance of getting it ;)

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/4849/
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/4784/

ubudog
January 12th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Voted.

warfacegod
January 13th, 2010, 03:40 AM
It's possible there is a setting in the Configuration Editor for that. I used it to adjust the volume stepping for my short cut keys.

As far as your touchpad goes try using Edge Scrolling. It's in System> Preferences> Mouse> Touchpad.

I use it and it makes the scroll as smooth as I care to move my finger.

thomz92
January 14th, 2010, 03:25 AM
It's possible there is a setting in the Configuration Editor for that. I used it to adjust the volume stepping for my short cut keys.

yeah thats kinda what i'm looking for. I don't know where to start looking though. I actually use two finger scrolling right now. The scrolling isn't terrible, but it would be nice to be able to decrease the steps a little bit.

warfacegod
January 14th, 2010, 03:42 AM
I couldn't tell you. I would suggest trying to hunt up an How To: for Configuration Editor. Matter of fact, that's fine idea, I'm going to go find one myself. If I find one, I'll post a link.