PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] hauppauge hvr 900

user34
January 12th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Hello,

I can not get my usb dvb-t sick working. It is a hauppauge WinTV-HVR 900 hybrid TV stick.
The number on the backside is: M/R: 65018/BC20

Some time ago I read somewhere that this model was supposed to work with ubuntu 9.10.
But I still have trouble setting it up. Does anyone know if there is a way to make it work?

Thanks

HappyFeet
January 12th, 2010, 01:26 AM
From here (http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html):

"Linux support for the WinTV-HVR-900 series will be in the upcoming kernel 2.6.26 release. Work is under way for the WinTV-HVR-900H."

user34
January 12th, 2010, 01:39 AM
From here (http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html):

"Linux support for the WinTV-HVR-900 series will be in the upcoming kernel 2.6.26 release. Work is under way for the WinTV-HVR-900H."

Hi,

I already tried the official homepage. I do not know if my stick is a 900 or 900H. That is why I posted the number.
I also entered that number at hauppauge and it redirected me to the section for the regular 900 series, NOT 900H - although it is sensible that the H stands for hybrid.
So I am still not sure which model I have.

HappyFeet
January 12th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Hi,

I already tried the official homepage. I do not know if my stick is a 900 or 900H. That is why I posted the number.
I also entered that number at hauppauge and it redirected me to the section for the regular 900 series, NOT 900H - although it is sensible that the H stands for hybrid.
So I am still not sure which model I have.

I'm pretty sure the H stands for hybrid.

user34
January 12th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I'm pretty sure the H stands for hybrid.

Hi,

I got it working now after installing and deinstalling dozens of packages. But I am not sure if that all was necessary. The device was not properly recongnised by kaffeine and no source was displayed. But when I switched to the options today there was device tab. The device entry there is 'Micronas DRX3973D DVB-T'. There I could select the source and after applying these changes I was able to scan for channels and it has been working fine since then.
So I don't think I have a 900H even if the name of the stick is HVR 900 Hybrid.