PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] fullscreen apps killing x

mbzn
January 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Hi, This is not a big problem but i would like to get it solved.
Whenever i run fullscreen apps(not video) but lets say einstein(the puzzle game) my screen goes to sleep(no input). Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing, i can however drop to the console(Ctrl-Alt-F2) and kill the app. but my desktop(Gnome) doesn't return to normal. This worked fine without Nvidia's driver. I then installed Black-box(the one with the purple diamond for a icon) which did the same thing.
I am using 8.04 with Nvidia's driver for my quadro fx.

Thanx in advance for any help...

ibninja
January 12th, 2010, 02:22 AM
It sounds like Nvidia's driver is the problem. Because it's not open source, there's probably no way to fix it. You could revert to the open source driver, or look for a way to install an older Nvidia driver, and see if that has the same problem.

dmillerct
January 12th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Hi, This is not a big problem but i would like to get it solved.
Whenever i run fullscreen apps(not video) but lets say einstein(the puzzle game) my screen goes to sleep(no input). Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing, i can however drop to the console(Ctrl-Alt-F2) and kill the app. but my desktop(Gnome) doesn't return to normal. This worked fine without Nvidia's driver. I then installed Black-box(the one with the purple diamond for a icon) which did the same thing.
I am using 8.04 with Nvidia's driver for my quadro fx.

Thanx in advance for any help...

I think they eliminated the control+alt+backspace keystroke in Jaunty too. Just an FYI.