PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Wifi drivers on Compaq CQ50-106AU

10Digits
January 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Hi there,

I have recently hit a pothole regarding the wifi....I used to have PPPOE access to the internet and used Ubuntu for all my work recently I had to format Ubuntu because of an error in my Windows Xp drive...

Anyways the wifi access that I have now is a problem because of no wireless drivers present I cannot access the internet to install the drivers...

So is there any way I can manually install the driver...when I log in to Ubuntu the restricted driver window shows me that I have to install Broadcom B43 wireless driver though I have installed Broadcom STA driver all these days..??

So how do i manually install whatever driver is needed??Where Do I find them??HOw do I install them??

Please help...this is Urgent....

Thanks in advance....:D

bkratz
January 11th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Hi there,

I have recently hit a pothole regarding the wifi....I used to have PPPOE access to the internet and used Ubuntu for all my work recently I had to format Ubuntu because of an error in my Windows Xp drive...

Anyways the wifi access that I have now is a problem because of no wireless drivers present I cannot access the internet to install the drivers...

So is there any way I can manually install the driver...when I log in to Ubuntu the restricted driver window shows me that I have to install Broadcom B43 wireless driver though I have installed Broadcom STA driver all these days..??

So how do i manually install whatever driver is needed??Where Do I find them??HOw do I install them??

Please help...this is Urgent....

Thanks in advance....:D

See the parts about without internet access

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1368699

10Digits
January 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
thank you bkratz,

I hope this will work in Xubuntu too...!!

I would love to trade a heavily aesthetic OS for a bare bone OS that works faster and is more stable!!which is why I guess I installed Xubuntu inside windows VISTA!!!!
and I am planning to use a full partition dedicated to ubuntu...

but that's another story....