PDA

View Full Version : mac book pro 13inch

windowless
January 10th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Just thinking about buying a macbook pro 13 inch (I know there$$$) to replace my wifes Dell. I need support for office 2007 and ipod touch latest version.I was just wondering if anyone has one and their thoughts.Also will a document created with office on a mac render the same on a windows machine Thanks

mamamia88
January 10th, 2010, 03:57 AM
i don't own a mac but i do know this. i typed up a paper in my colleges mac lab and went to open it in office 2007 on a pc and it wouldn't open properly. all i got was random text saying something about osx

Cam42
January 10th, 2010, 04:09 AM
It's technically office 2008 on a Mac. You can also get iWork, which will open MS Office files, AFAIK, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And yes, it will have full support for your iPod. ;)

PhoenixMaster00
January 10th, 2010, 04:18 AM
My girlfriend has a Macbook Pro 13 inch (ironically i have a Dell laptop :)). Its everything you expect from a Apple product really, easy to use, sturdy design etc etc. She uses OpenOffice to do her Word related stuff and it supports her iphone perfectly in every way (shes truly in the Apple ecosystem now lol).

Few points.

Trackpad is great, the gestures help scroll and go between windows.
Starts up and shuts down pretty quickly.
Battery life is really good.

All-in-all its a great product

AllRadioisDead
January 10th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Support for your ipod? I hope you're joking.
There's no way one apple product would be compatable with another.

ctrlmd
January 10th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Support for your ipod? I hope you're joking.
yeah because apple is not the same as apple :-\"

windowless
January 10th, 2010, 07:54 AM
It was just a reason for using a mac i know the ipod will work and i dont have to use windows

CJ Master
January 10th, 2010, 08:53 AM

$5 that was intentional.