PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Skype Video Chat on Ubuntu 9.10

macsdev
January 9th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Hi,

I recently shifted to Ubuntu from Windows and the one software I miss badly is Skype, especially the Video Chat. I did install the Skype Software from their website (Version 2.1). It does not have a Video Chat facility as far as I can see. Am I missing something?

garryknight
January 9th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Open the main menu (the white-on-blue S at the bottom-left of the main Skype window), click Options, then Video Devices. Check the Enable Skype Video box and "Start my video automatically when I am in a call". All calls will be video-enabled from that point onwards, provided that you have a working webcam showing in the "Select webcam" box.

macsdev
January 13th, 2010, 03:59 AM
My web camera is working fine as seen from the setting you have mentioned. But, I don't see any option to make a video call even though the contact has enabled video chatting.

Linuxforall
January 13th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Do you see video cam working in the video tab of skype options, if not you will have to start skype with the command LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype in terminal.

macsdev
January 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM
It's working fine. The only difference is in the Windows version, there are separate options to make a video call and a audio call. Here, there is only one call button. Thanks for the help ppl.