PDA

View Full Version : nanotube! - What happened???

Uncle Spellbinder
January 9th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I don't remember the exact way to install SeaMonkey 2.0.1. I was going to use your wiki/instructions page. But it's dead??? The link in your sig now says..

"There was an error processing your request Group not found for name: ubuntuzilla" and "The project specified does not exist". I hope everything is OK.

I'd really like to get SeaMonkey running. Already installed ubuntuzilla.

Edit:
Found the proper command: ubuntuzilla.py -a install -p seamonkey. Still, I hope all is OK with Ubuntuzilla. Seems most links are dead.

nanotube
January 10th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I don't remember the exact way to install SeaMonkey 2.0.1. I was going to use your wiki/instructions page. But it's dead??? The link in your sig now says..

"There was an error processing your request Group not found for name: ubuntuzilla" and "The project specified does not exist". I hope everything is OK.

I'd really like to get SeaMonkey running. Already installed ubuntuzilla.

Edit:
Found the proper command: ubuntuzilla.py -a install -p seamonkey. Still, I hope all is OK with Ubuntuzilla. Seems most links are dead.

Hi
sourceforge seems to have had some database problems earlier today. everything is back to normal now.

also: unless you're running 64bit ubuntu, i suggest you stop using the ubuntuzilla script, and instead start using the ubuntuzilla repository.

see the project website for details, and let me know if you have any questions!

Uncle Spellbinder
January 10th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I like adding repositories to the etc/apt/sources.list manually.

What do I add? I already have the following...

#### Ubuntuzilla
## sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C1289A29
deb http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/apt all main

seamonkey-mozilla-build is not in synaptic. Nor does sudo apt-get install seamonkey-mozilla-build work in terminal.

unclespellbinder@wombat:~$ sudo apt-get install seamonkey-mozilla-build
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package seamonkey-mozilla-build

nanotube
January 10th, 2010, 07:39 PM
hey

see the 'technical details' section of the site

the repository you have is for the ubuntuzilla installer script

the repo for ff+tb+sm directly is different.

also note the special instructions for the ubuntuzilla installer script users at the top of the 'installation' section.

Uncle Spellbinder
January 10th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Will do.

This is a fresh install of Karmic 32 bit by the way. So there should be no issues with previous installs as the script has not been used.. I'll see if I can find the correct repo to add, though I must be blind as I don't see it yet. Heading to 'Technical Details' section now....

Uncle Spellbinder
January 10th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Ahhhhhh. I see the difference. This is in my sources.list:

deb http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/apt all main

This is in 'Technical Details':

deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/mozilla/apt all main

Got it all sorted now that I have things correct in sources.list. This is much easier than the script. Really appreciate your work, nanotube.

Thanks!!!

nanotube
January 11th, 2010, 12:03 AM
you're quite welcome - glad it worked! :)