PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Faststone & Thumbnails

kilian_wasmer
January 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hi.

I've installed the portable version of Faststone Image Viewer and launched via wine (Hardy Heron).

The software runs but unfortunately you only see the thumbnails of the first 21 pictures per folder. Any hints?

Kilian

pushbike
April 17th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hi every one,
I'm Ubuntu / Xubuntu user for some time now (2 years). I'm using it on my main computer and also I customized a Xubuntu 10.10 with a bunch a photo sofware. I give it on bootable pendrive to friends and my photo students.
Here's my question, dream, ask for your help:
I need (so do my friends) a sorting/managing photo software that could make me able to manage a thousand photos an hour. That means that going from thumbnail to full screen to full resolution must be a click away. The exif datas must be a click away. It should allow the 2 or 4 photos display in 2 clicks. It MUST allow the deleting of bad pics in 1 click from the full screen view. On the thumbnail view, it must do drag and drop between directories and disks. it must have basic editing and croping functions. idealy it should incoporate a batch conversion tool a click away from the thumbnail view.
I tried many Linux viewers, but none are that fast and easy.
The photographers probably reconized Faststone. It's almost working with Wine, except that you can view only one page (hight) of thumbnails. An other issue for me is that I can't incorporate it in a custom distribution. I guess that for non photographers, my request could look futile, but when you shoot 1500 pics a month, it's not!
So please help me to allow more photographers to be happy Linux users.
PS: don't know if I should start an other topic, but would happy to share about GIMP, ExpoBlending, Hugin, QTPFSGUI, digikam... and Faststone!

coolcats
November 23rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
I have the same problem.