PDA

View Full Version : [other] mythweb: too many recordings makes the 'recorded programs' page crash

<mike>
January 9th, 2010, 09:19 AM
hi.

ok, so I have a lot of recordings on my mythtv box.

i can see/play them fine within the mythfrontend interface, and mythweb loads almost all pages ok (including schedules, guides, etc.), but when I click on 'recorded programs' at the top, I get

--------
<b>

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 88 bytes) in /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/translate.php on line 142
---------
I've had this error before, and it went away when I purged my list of recordings.

any suggestions (aside from the obvious 'delete some programs, fool!', or 'post this on mythtv.org, fool!')?

what logs should I check?

dowdy
January 19th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Have a peek in your php.ini file and increase the setting for "memory_limit"

or

In the settings page for MythWeb, goto "TV" on the left and change the value "Page recorded programs" to 10 or 25 for example.

<mike>
January 19th, 2010, 09:54 PM
What's the path to php.ini? Is it /etc/php5/pache2/ ? And do I need to restart anything to make this work?
The settings 'page recorded programs' didn't fix it, by the way.

tzihad
March 27th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I have same issue.
In /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini memory_limit = 1024M and in
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mythweb.conf i have php_value memory_limit 256M.
Still i get
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/translate.php on line 142
I have ~1500 recordings.