PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu NBR 9.10 fails to start desktop after installing system updates on Aspire One

meg0astk
January 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire One A110 with Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook Remix installed. Yesterday it worked perfectly, and then the "there are updates for your system" box popped up. I let it install all suggested updates, but then afted a reboot it won't load the desktop normally. The startup process looks totally normal, but after the brown-backgrounded ubuntu-text logo startut thing, when the desktop should load, it just starts to loop between a black screen and a solid redbrown screen with two arrows in the left upper corner, it changes from one screen to another in about one second. The wireless password box is also there, the box looks bigger than normally, so it seems to detect my wlan network. The shutdown/reboot/suspend/hibernate comes up if I press the power button and I can select everything with the touchpad.

I took a video about it if it would be any help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb7lMyhVTdM

I can start it in "recovery mode" and start the graphical interphase with "startx" but that doesn't seem to help either. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? Or do I need to reinstall the whole system?