PDA

View Full Version : Inserting Bible texts anywhere with a key comb instead of long cuts and pastes

refdoc
January 6th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Someone on another thread asked about the ability to quote the Bible directly in OOo e.g.

The same thing came up in CrossWire-s sword-devel list and a simple rough and ready solution was posted [http://sites.google.com/site/adyeths/theswordproject here]. It uses Autokey (you need the 0.6 version form the autokey ppa) and seems to do the job reasonably well. I have myself only started testing it.

The Bible texts used are your CrossWire modules installed e.g. via Xiphos or Bibletime.

I am sure (and so was the author) that the programme can be made much better. For starters it uses the diatheke instead of using directly libsword python bindings, but there is ample scope for anyone interested to drive the matter forward.

Pepe Lebuntu
January 6th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks heaps for that RD.

lisati
January 6th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I think e-sword has macros you can download for MS Word. I don't know if they'll work if you're using MS Office & e-sword through Wine.

MissouriNewb
June 1st, 2010, 11:45 PM
Bump.

I stand corrected. There has been recent development with this project.

How in the world do you install the script although? I have never used Auto Key. I have both though the script and Auto Key. Just not sure how to run it?

Respectfully Submitted,

MN

Gal. 2.20

cdekter
July 6th, 2010, 08:51 AM
You add a new script into one of AutoKey's folders, then paste the contents of adyeth's script in there. Then you can configure one of the several means that AutoKey provides for triggering the script.