PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help loading ndiswrapper

vbdad43
January 6th, 2010, 02:32 AM
New to Ubuntu (just loaded 9.10) and trying to install the NDIS wrapper so I can use my USB wirless adaptor. Executed the command

sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper-utils-1.9 as read in one of the forums and received the following error:

E: couldn't find package ndiswrapper-utils-1.9

both the tar version and the “unzipped”version are on my desktop but I'm not sure they are installed and I don't know what to install. I've clicked every file in every folder most seem to be instructions not what I know as executables. Any help would be appreciated. I'm brand new to this so go easy on me.

bkratz
January 6th, 2010, 03:35 AM
New to Ubuntu (just loaded 9.10) and trying to install the NDIS wrapper so I can use my USB wirless adaptor. Executed the command

sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper-utils-1.9 as read in one of the forums and received the following error:

E: couldn't find package ndiswrapper-utils-1.9

both the tar version and the “unzipped”version are on my desktop but I'm not sure they are installed and I don't know what to install. I've clicked every file in every folder most seem to be instructions not what I know as executables. Any help would be appreciated. I'm brand new to this so go easy on me.

If you have a wired connection the easiest way is to go to
System>>Administration>>Synaptic Package manager (password)
Hit reload then search (in the search box)for

ndisgtk----tick it

It will automatically load the other dependencies (the ndiswrapper stuff) and provide you with a graphical interface under System>>Administration>Windows Wireless Drivers