PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless connection with ubuntu 9.10?

samezoobi
January 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
i posted this in the apple section, but felt here would probably be a little more appropriate after browsing the forums much more in-depth.

Quote:
i just successfully downloaded and installed ubuntu koala (9.10 i think...) and its a great interface. i am just having extreme difficulty trying to set up the wireless connection.

when i log back in osx, i am able to access the router and use the internet as i am doing now when i post in the forum. i am just trying to learn how to configure the wireless in ubuntu as well.

i posted in this forum instead of another one because maybe i can luck out and have someone who has successful been able to connect wirelessly on an imac, or apple laptop in ubuntu....

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks for your time.

ps. i did some searching on the forums, how does one update or load drivers (if applicable for the built in airport wi-fi in the imac)

any extra advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks you all

changingstate
January 5th, 2010, 10:42 AM
If you could find out what network devices you've got in the mac, it'd probably greatly expand the help people are able to offer. You can do this by typing 'lshw -c network' into a terminal. The text the command dumps out will tell everyone what wireless card is in the mac and thus how to go about getting a driver for you.