PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weird wireless

windowless
January 4th, 2010, 10:56 PM
hi guys i have an odd wireless problem in that it works great but sometimes when i shut firefox i find my wireless adaptor still flashing like its still connected to the net .so i check netstat -ta and i find i still have a connection to my isp and am downlowding and uploading but i have no idea what? if i unplug the wireless adaptor for awhile it kills the connection when plugged back in.any ideas how to stop this would be great

thanks

USB_NL
January 4th, 2010, 11:13 PM
sometimes restarting the modem-router helps also just make sure you warn other users on the same connection but that's hotfixing you want a better fix

btw more specifications might help you get better awnsers for example what type of stuff you use

windowless
January 5th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks i wil try rebooting router.I have a belkin wireless router I just purchased to re place old buffalo runnung open wrt that got hit by lightnibg.anyway i have one ubuntu box connected one windows laptop ipod touch and x box 360 all connect via wireless.The ubuntu box is a dual core intel with wireless usb dongle.Its odd in that this problem does not happen all the time.By the way yhe belkin is not as good as old buffalo,even with all wireless n gear