PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Great low-tech netbook cooling thingie

xpacker
January 3rd, 2010, 07:58 AM
A friend gave me this Menu Propeller Trivet today for Christmas. She meant it as a foodie accessory, but I've repurposed it. If I open it halfway (like an x-wing fighter), it fits under my Asus 900HA perfectly. So my netbook stays an inch off the table, and the heat dissipates. It's kind of rubbery (silicone?) and thus fairly anti-slip. And it can handle up to 260F.

Note: it's not *quite* so stable with my sister-in-law's Asus 1005HAB, which is somewhat screen heavy. You may want to jerry-rig an "x" with short pencils or something to test your computer.

At $20+, I probably wouldn't buy it myself. But it's a great wish list item. I can use my Belkin Coolstrip at home and keep the trivet in my bag for travel. It's really compact closed -- about the size of a travel toothbrush case. And it even comes in its own unnecessary upscale metal box, which I'm using for my travel watercolor brushes.

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Menu-Trivet-Propeller-Crisp-Lime/dp/B000NOVL2O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1262500992&sr=8-1