PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Internet stops working after a lot of traffic (wireless, 64-bit system)

Maros
January 2nd, 2010, 01:07 PM
Okay so I'm pretty new to linux but have everything set up just fine so far. the only problem I'm having this time around is the internet. It seems like after a big download or a lot of traffic on this computer the connection shuts down. For example i usually only make it through half a youtube video, synaptic package manager sometimes cant download the entire pack(s). I have to disconnect and reconnect, and restart whatever i was doing. I'm on a cable network through a D-link N router, on the newest 64-bit version of ubuntu. Any ideas guys?

gordintoronto
January 2nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Can you describe your hardware? Please be very specific, eg. D-Link N router is not specific; what model is it? Likewise for your wireless adapter, CPU, video card.

By the way, your examples of "big downloads" are quite small. I have had times when I downloaded a couple of gigbytes in a small number of hours....

Maros
January 8th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I'm working with an asus G50V

Wireless card: Atheros AR928x
CPU: 2.53-GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T9400
Video: Nividia GeForce 9700M GT @ 512mb
Router: DIR-615

I'm sorry my downloads aren't big enough for you? ;) It's not ALWAYS Just some tiny youtube video. Usually it's more like big updates and such. VIA windows I can do around 4.5 gigs in about an hour on this machine.