PDA

View Full Version : I finally got my first real DC game :)

dragos240
December 31st, 2009, 02:09 AM
For only $10. All the other games I own are burned. Anyways, I got chu chu rocket. Have you even seen the commercial for this whacky game? Me, my brother, and my mom's girlfriend's daughter (jaidin) were playing this for hours :). Such a simple concept, yet so fun to play. Chu chu rocket rocks :popcorn:.

Anyone else played it :)

pwnst*r
December 31st, 2009, 02:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga62uiXbEjI

yep, it's awesome. and i don't have a single burned game. it's worth it to buy them, especially now. one bought game is not enough.

hoppipolla
December 31st, 2009, 03:00 AM
Ah Chu Chu is awesome! I would have done so much better years ago in my mock GCSEs (or whatever it was I was trying to revise for I can't fully remember) if that hadn't come through my letterbox as a free generous give-away from Sega!

They actually got COMPLAINTS because they released the game around exam-time and it caused people to do worse, that's how good the game and DC was! lol ^_^

dragos240
December 31st, 2009, 03:08 AM
Multiplayer mode is really addicting. Has anyone played online. Sega shut down the servers in 2003, so nobody can play anymore. How was the gameplay on the online mode. The dreamcast still used dial-up soooo....

hoppipolla
December 31st, 2009, 03:10 AM
Multiplayer mode is really addicting. Has anyone played online. Sega shut down the servers in 2003, so nobody can play anymore. How was the gameplay on the online mode. The dreamcast still used dial-up soooo....

I never played it online. The main game I played online on my DC was Phantasy Star Online, and to say it was epic would be a HUGE understatement! :)

blueshiftoverwatch
December 31st, 2009, 03:19 AM
I think there are third party servers you can play on, try here (http://www.onlineconsoles.com/).

dragos240
December 31st, 2009, 03:26 AM
I think there are third party servers you can play on, try here (http://www.onlineconsoles.com/).

Nope, doesn't look like you can get a third party server for chu chu rocket. Maybe you can hack it, and then burn it.

dragos240
December 31st, 2009, 03:30 AM
Wait...... WHAT THE HECK! How many google bots roam here?? This topic is on google already!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=chu+chu+rocket+third+party+server&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

hoppipolla
December 31st, 2009, 03:31 AM
Wait...... WHAT THE HECK! How many google bots roam here?? This topic is on google already!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=chu+chu+rocket+third+party+server&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

lol that is kinda mad :)

ctrlmd
December 31st, 2009, 03:36 AM
nope no chu chu here

blueshiftoverwatch
December 31st, 2009, 04:29 AM
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when I posted a question and than Google'd it. I thought it was just because I happened to post right before a Google bot was about to go over the forums. But apparently they're constantly on here.

gletob
December 31st, 2009, 04:50 AM
I never had a dream cast I went from NES to N64 in like 2005 to Xbox 360 near it's release

At this moment there are:
MSNBot(127), AskJeeves(16), Yahoo! Slurp(22), Google(189), Google AdSense(2)

dragos240
December 31st, 2009, 03:39 PM
I never had a dream cast I went from NES to N64 in like 2005 to Xbox 360 near it's release

At this moment there are:
MSNBot(127), AskJeeves(16), Yahoo! Slurp(22), Google(189), Google AdSense(2)

Wow. And I won my forth match of chu chu rocket. Last night jaidin was really beating me. I still love the game whether I win or loose.

pookiebear
December 31st, 2009, 03:51 PM
the RC-Racer game was really good too.

hoppipolla
December 31st, 2009, 04:07 PM
Wow. And I won my forth match of chu chu rocket. Last night jaidin was really beating me. I still love the game whether I win or loose.

It is addictive :)

If I was to recommend DC games (which is something I very much enjoy! hehe!) I would like to say these:

PSO, Shenmue, Sonic Adventure (& 2), Crazy Taxi (ofc), Confidential Mission and HOTD 2, Shenmue II, Jet Set Radio... I will think of more later, man it's been ages and my memory of the Dreamcast is now FINALLY starting to fail me lol ^_^

dragos240
December 31st, 2009, 04:15 PM
It is addictive :)

If I was to recommend DC games (which is something I very much enjoy! hehe!) I would like to say these:

PSO, Shenmue, Sonic Adventure (& 2), Crazy Taxi (ofc), Confidential Mission and HOTD 2, Shenmue II, Jet Set Radio... I will think of more later, man it's been ages and my memory of the Dreamcast is now FINALLY starting to fail me lol ^_^

I have a burned copy of shenmue, sonic adventure (and 2), and jet grind radio. Do you still have your DC? If you don't, there are so many on ebay.

forrestcupp
December 31st, 2009, 04:52 PM
I can't believe you guys are getting away with discussing how to pirate DC games.

Jet Set RadioI like Jet Grind Radio better. ;)

hoppipolla
December 31st, 2009, 05:11 PM
I can't believe you guys are getting away with discussing how to pirate DC games.

I like Jet Grind Radio better. ;)

rofl! Well I'm in the UK :)

Also, the sequel was actually called Jet SET Radio Future, so I think either are appropriate! lol

And man DC kicks *** :)

forrestcupp
December 31st, 2009, 07:11 PM
Also, the sequel was actually called Jet SET Radio Future, so I think either are appropriate! lol

I wonder why they changed the name for the US version.

hoppipolla
January 1st, 2010, 10:46 PM
I wonder why they changed the name for the US version.

I dunno. I think both names sound awesome :)

pwnst*r
January 1st, 2010, 11:29 PM

funny how that works around here, eh

dragos240
January 1st, 2010, 11:39 PM
funny how that works around here, eh

Well. They aren't being sold anymore are they?

dryklaice
January 1st, 2010, 11:44 PM

on ebay for ott prices

kyle99
January 1st, 2010, 11:45 PM
I have like 5 real games and 20 burned games. Dreamcast rocks :)

hoppipolla
January 2nd, 2010, 12:03 AM

yeah exactly :)

Although I think you can still buy like... a few DC games new in Japan? I think they are still knocking around, newly released ones I mean.

Gizenshya
January 2nd, 2010, 12:59 AM
can someone explain "DC?"

dryklaice
January 2nd, 2010, 01:25 AM

dc = damage crab

dragos240
January 2nd, 2010, 01:46 AM

DreamCast.

hoppipolla
January 2nd, 2010, 03:20 AM

it's only the best games console EVAR! ^_^

dragos240
January 2nd, 2010, 03:43 AM
it's only the best games console EVAR! ^_^

I think he wanted to know what DC stood for hoppi ;).

hoppipolla
January 2nd, 2010, 03:57 AM
I think he wanted to know what DC stood for hoppi ;).

I know but see, you already told him that so I decided to enthusiastically express my opinion! lol :D

dragos240
January 2nd, 2010, 05:02 AM
I know but see, you already told him that so I decided to enthusiastically express my opinion! lol :D

Everyone is entitled to that :).