PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Introduction from DoneWithMSFT

DoneWithMSFT
December 31st, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to stop by and say Hello! I am new here and am eager to get started Ubuntu as my OS. As you can see, my handle is DoneWithMSFT. That is; Done With Microsoft...MSFT is their stock symbol.

I am sick and tired of giving Microsoft money every time they demand it. I just bought (in February 2009) four new computers with Vista on them. Already, MSFT has put out Windows 7 because Vista (as I can testify) is a piece of junk. To upgrade each computer to Windows 7 will cost me a pretty penny, and "I ain't gonna do it".

I'm done, Finito (sp?), it's over with MSFT.

So...here I am, standing at the doorstep of a new frontier....Ubuntu, and I can't wait to get started. I have successfully converted from MSFT's Office products to Open Office's open source office products...and I'm very happy with it!

I am fairly computer savvy, not a newbie, but know enough, I hope, to get Ubuntu running. A friend has suggested that I install Ubuntu on an older less used or not needed computer so that I can ferret out any problems with Ubuntu until I am ready to make a daily driver. I am taking his advice! I've downloaded the Ubuntu 9.10 and am ready to install but need to read the installation instructions first.

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself to the community and say "Thank You" to the Ubuntu developers. It is my hope that someday in the near future I will be able to help an Unbuntu newbie with their installation and or questions and become a contributing part of this great commnuity...

JimInLakeland
December 31st, 2009, 12:35 AM
Howdy!

spiky001
December 31st, 2009, 12:40 AM
Welcome to the free world