PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Songbird: What's with the script?

Malt Frisky
December 29th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I've up graded to the new Songbird 1.4.1 and it's pretty good, works faster but the only problem when I start Songbird there's a delay then this message pops up.

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: chrome://mediaflow/content/mediaflow.js:282

It's not affecting the player but when it reads new music it can take several re-starts to get it going again. Perhaps this may be a seperate thing with the music and script thing.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this message?

Jonny

Norm24
December 29th, 2009, 11:23 PM
The newest Songbird is 1.4.3.

How did you originally install Songbird?I would suggest doing it through GetDeb,once you add the repository you're all set.

But what intrigues me is you're getting a script message,what plug-ins have installed?

Greenwidth
December 30th, 2009, 12:04 AM
MediaFlow is an add-on to scroll through the albumart, maybe since you upgraded it doesn't work with the new version of Songbird, there maybe a newer version of MediaFlow that will.

thatguruguy
December 30th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Songbird is based on mozilla. What you see is a javascript running, and a problem with that javascript. As other have said, download and install the newest version.

Malt Frisky
December 31st, 2009, 02:14 PM
Okay, I'm still taking baby steps with Ubuntu.

How do I find information on the plug-ins?

How do you run GetDeb and how do you add repository?

I'm still getting used to Linux, only been using it for a couple of months and I need to be shown the one with the pictures and the big words to help me get through it.:confused:

Thanks

MelDJ
December 31st, 2009, 02:19 PM
to get songbird follow the steps from http://www.getdeb.net/app/Songbird

Malt Frisky
January 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I've already got songbird downloaded, but I tried that link you gave me and it wouldn't let me re-download, simply says there is an error with the link.