PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] webcam streaming issue

Taswegian
December 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Hello, I apologise if this is already dealt with, I'm new here.
I'm running firefox on ubuntu studio 9, and trying to view a webcam streaming site which I understand uses adobe flash to present the actual camview as well as an attached chat box.

When I first started doing so on this machine, it appeared to be ok. Then it stopped, I believe, after I downloaded one of the normal security updates or something similar.
Now where the grey box should be that contains the view and the chat box, I just get an entirely white screen. Strangely enough I get all the advertising and other stuff around that section.

I've downloaded firefox to my laptop which operates on vista, and I have no problem viewing this site at all. Both machines are running off the same home network.
I've since uninstalled and reinstalled adobe flash and swfdec-mozilla in an attempt to get it active again. Unfortunately nothing yet.
This all leads me to believe it may be in the ubuntu studio security settings or somewhere, I know the site does have some unwanted popup and spyware issues.
Do I need to uninstall and reinstall ubuntu to get the problem fixed, or is there an easier way>

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers.

byStanderone
December 28th, 2009, 09:53 AM
...hard to tell what happened, but have you installed ubuntu-restricted-extras?