PDA

View Full Version : airmon-ng not compatible with wireless card

spotted zebra
December 26th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Just got a new netbook for Christmas specifically an Acer Aspire One D250-1151. I have been getting more and more educated on security and recently tried my hand at compromising WEP and WPA encrypted wireless APs.

I understand the code reasonably well, I read and watched a whole bunch of tutorials on another forum and got a few things figured out on my older laptop before I got my netbook.

I figured "I did this on my lappy why can't I do the same on my netbook" i worked and worked and reread and rewatched everything thinking i had messed up the code being the noob that i am but i had it all right. Come to find out my wireless card isn't compatible with airmon-ng. Is there anyway to fix this or a work around? I did some research but this seems like the fix is very individual and almost a per case basis which is why i came here.

I am running Ubuntu 9.04 on my lappy and Ubuntu Netbook remix 9.10 on the netbook.

I'm not exactly sure what info about the wireless care is need so i am just going to give everything i have found up to this point:

Acer InviLink 802.11b/g wireless LAN, Acer SignalUp technology for enhanced antenna efficiency, WI-FI CERTIFIED

These package contains Broadcom 802.11 Linux STA wireless driverfor use with Broadcom's BCM4311-, BCM4312-, BCM4321-, andBCM4322-based hardware. (this is what ubuntu had me install to make my wireless work for a connection.)

thanks for all the help in advance. if you need more info please let me know i have code output form 'ifconfig and airmon-ng' if you need it too.

spotted zebra
December 31st, 2009, 03:16 AM
bumping for some help i haven't gotten anything on this and have posted on a few different forums.

spotted zebra
January 6th, 2010, 04:42 AM
after much scouring of the internets i finally found a solution and thought i would post it here in case anyone else runs into this problem.

go to www.aircrack-ng.org you should be able to answer most of your questions here.

wconstantine
May 25th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

spotted zebra
May 27th, 2010, 05:59 AM
hey man if you need help with this i am still around and would be willing to help i got my working but not like this.

the new 10.04 supports the b43 outta the box and will work seamlessly with the aircrack package.