PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't start Amarok

eriqjaffe
December 26th, 2009, 05:50 AM
...thought I'd give Amarok a whirl, as it's been a while.

sudo apt-get install amarok
seems to work fine, but when I run Amarok, I get this:

amarok: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libamaroklib.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZTIN6TagLib3MP44FileE
Any tips would be appreciated.

mc4man
December 26th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Well you didn't mention what ubnutu you're running and where you got amarok (2..?)

The error is pointing to an incompatible version of libtag installed for the version of amarok you have ( probably libtag1c2a

So take a look at that

eriqjaffe
December 27th, 2009, 05:51 AM
So I didn't...

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10, and the Amarok version is just the one from the regular repos (2.2.0-0ubuntu2). As far as I can tell, I have the right version of libtag1c2a installed (1.6-2ubuntu2).

jonest1
December 27th, 2009, 06:12 AM
The only reference I found was in reference to somebody who installed a custom version of libtag.

Run 'ldd /usr/lib/libamaroklib.so.1 | grep libtag' and ensure the libtag which is being referenced is in /usr/lib.

The example I found had a custom installation in /usr/local/lib.

mc4man
December 27th, 2009, 07:22 AM
If you upgraded from jaunty then maybe libtag-extras0 is still installed and causing an issue. ( should only have libtag-extras1 installled

eriqjaffe
December 28th, 2009, 04:49 AM
The only reference I found was in reference to somebody who installed a custom version of libtag.

Run 'ldd /usr/lib/libamaroklib.so.1 | grep libtag' and ensure the libtag which is being referenced is in /usr/lib.

The example I found had a custom installation in /usr/local/lib.Sure enough, that was it - I had libtag.so.1 in both /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib. I ran 'sudo mv /usr/local/lib/libtag.so.1 /usr/local/lib/libtag1.so.1.bak' and now Amarok starts properly. Thanks!