PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Any suggestions?

red33m
December 20th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Hey guys,

About a month ago I installed Kubuntu KDE 4.2 on my system and I liked it a lot more Ubuntu..Though I still run both with double boot.Now I have everything i Kubuntu EXCEPT a good audio converter(like the one in Ubuntu) ...

Do you have any suggestions upon the subject?

Thanks..!

Cheesemill
December 20th, 2009, 07:10 PM
You can use Ubuntu apps on Kubuntu and vice-versa, just installed the app you liked from Ubuntu.

Also there is no need to dual boot Ubuntu and Kubuntu, you can have just one OS installed and choose between KDE and Gnome on the login screen, all of your apps and data get shared between the two.

red33m
December 20th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I have tried that and it didn't work..if you could name some apps it'd be good.!

also how do I change between gnome and KDE on the startup?

Cheesemill
December 20th, 2009, 07:25 PM
also how do I change between gnome and KDE on the startup?

You can't switch between your dual boot installs on the login screen, you need to either install the ubuntu-desktop package into your Kubuntu or install the kubuntu-desktop package on to your Ubuntu install and then you'll get the option when you login.

Fore more info on installing KDE onto Ubuntu see here:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kde

red33m
December 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM
thanks ..!

so you can't name any apps for converting audio files right?

Cheesemill
December 20th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I use soundconverter (apt://soundconverter)

Marlonsm
December 20th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I once needed an audio converter, I found XCFA in the Software Centre and it did what I needed. I also tried some other converters, but that was the only one that could handle the .wma file I had.

red33m
December 20th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Well mate then you got to be running Gnome because I tried it twice and it when I push the convert button it does nothing at all....!

Thanks for all the help by the way

Marlonsm
December 20th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Well mate then you got to be running Gnome because I tried it twice and it when I push the convert button it does nothing at all....!

Thanks for all the help by the way

I'm actually running KDE...