PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] im new to ubuntu and i think i have a bug. i dont know what to do!!!

lovecs09
December 19th, 2009, 08:51 PM
i had downloaded 9.04 without a problem! it ive had it for like 4 weeks. Then i wanted to upgrade to 9.10 and i found a couple codes to do it through the upgrade-manager and it took forever! but it didnt work! so i decided to burn a disk and re-repartition my hard drive! and that work! but once i got to the ubuntu interface i had an error message that says

"disk has many bad sectors"

and i have a little icon with a "!" on it and when i click on it, it takes me to palimpsest **** utility and its says the same thing "disk has too many bad sectors" with a -more information attached to it. i click more info and i get a SMART data window to open and i says i have 215 bad sectors but then i look at them on the bottom and the only one thats in red and says warning is

"Reallocator Sector Count"

it also gives me the option to run a "self-test" and "update now" but i really dont know what to do! :confused:

someone please help me....!!

muchos thank yous!

jerrrys
December 20th, 2009, 08:03 PM
run the self test and post back

uberdonkey5
December 20th, 2009, 08:41 PM
yeh.. I've had this.. apparently it is a bug (search these forums).

erm... I hate to say this because I worry about the consequences if there IS a problem, but what I did is click the box that says 'don't warn me if system is failing'