PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hard Disc usage by Ubuntu One

DaveHi
December 19th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Hi

Concerned no one else seems to have had this problem so hope someone can point out the error of my ways fairly easily.

Have set up Ubuntu One and everything seems fine except that the client seems to be constantly accessing my hard disc. Whenever it is running the hard disc is in constant operation and my computer is slowed to a crawl. Took me a while to track the problem down to the Ubuntu One Client, but, it is definitely the cause, Stop the client and everything else runs fine.

Any advice appreciated, but, please accept apologies in advance if I'm slow in replying. Here in the east of England we have had, for us, low temperatures and this strange white stuff seems to have fallen from the sky. Due to this the people who put money into my bank each month seem to think I should earn some of it by helping to keep out traffic flowing. Guess I signed some sort of contract sometime or other! :confused:

corncob
December 25th, 2009, 01:17 AM
According to

its BOINC thats hogging my CPU -- well that's the price you pay for curing cancer and developing a warp drive lol. I'm disconnected from Ubuntu One at the moment and can't seem to connect. There was something in another thread on this forum about it being down?

DaveHi
December 25th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Hi there.

A little more information.

Have removed and reinstalled Ubuntu One, starts manually fine, no problem until I press 'Connect' button in the Ubuntu One folder, button shows as 'connecting' while hard disc usage climbs to a level which slows my computer to a crawl. Killing ubuntnone-syncdaemon, which shows as uninterruptable, clears the problem.

Checking the Ubuntu One web site indicates that the one trial file has not been uploaded.

Any assistance welcome.

All the best of the season to all.