PDA

View Full Version : Woman CEO at Canonical

juancarlospaco
December 17th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Woman CEO at Canonical

yep,
Mark moves around to keep working on more interesting things...

Jane Silber:

http://ubuntulife.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/jane-silber.jpg

1) Good, Congratulations

2) Merry Xmas to Ubuntu Woman

3) Any opinion, comment, is good?, is bad?, whatever...?

discus...

hypatia
December 18th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I'm really happy for Jane. Exciting times!

juancarlospaco
December 23rd, 2009, 06:45 AM
Thanks!, +75 reads, 1 reply, why so shy ...?

MelDJ
December 23rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
i am not being rude. but i don't understand why this is highlighted. i mean, nobody cares much if a man is elected as a CEO. many women are already in such positions around the world

althara
December 24th, 2009, 12:04 AM
i don't understand why this is highlighted. i mean, nobody cares much if a man is elected as a CEO. many women are already in such positions around the world

Because the percentage of females in the workplace (~50%) does not match the percentage of females holding the position of CEO (~16%) or other C-level positions.

Source for above percentages: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/womenceo1.html

While this particular research is US centric I don't think it should be disregarded, or imply that the rest of the world has better percentages. I'd be happy if someone could point me to some international statistics in regards to workforce and c-level gender breakdowns.

Not to mention that more visibility for women in technology in general and FLOSS specifically is good for getting more women interested in technology, and getting more women to pursue technology related career fields.

MelDJ
December 28th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Not to mention that more visibility for women in technology in general and FLOSS specifically is good for getting more women interested in technology, and getting more women to pursue technology related career fields.

i see. i just thought that society was more advanced :)

MetalMusicAddict
December 28th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Jane is an awesome person (anyone whos been to a UDS knows) and a great leader. I wish her all the luck.

emma00
January 30th, 2010, 03:19 PM
best of luck to jane:D