PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu cd

arunkmohan18
December 14th, 2009, 02:20 PM
is there any other ubuntu cd image that i can play movie,mp3,vob and variety of players

HarrisonNapper
December 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM
It doesn't come built-in with the cd. Install libdvdread4 and run the libdvdcss script in libdvdread's folder in /etc

Cheers.

arunkmohan18
December 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
i heard about ubuntu mutimedia center what is it really

HarrisonNapper
December 14th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Dunno. Here's some more info about restricted formats: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/

Physical Hook
December 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Ubuntu Studio (http://ubuntustudio.org/) ( haven't used it so not sure whether it'll fulfill your needs ) ?

arunkmohan18
December 14th, 2009, 02:49 PM
can i play mp3 or video by using ubuntu studio

Anuovis
December 14th, 2009, 03:00 PM
If you go to Ubuntu Software Center from Applications menu and install Ubuntu Restricted Extras, you should be able to play mp3s and the like.

lukjad
December 14th, 2009, 03:15 PM
is there any other ubuntu cd image that i can play movie,mp3,vob and variety of players
If you are willing to use another Linux Distribution and are only looking for a Live CD, I would personally recommend TEENpup (http://pupweb.org/wikka/TeenPup). It's fast and can pretty much play any media file I threw at it. Here is a good review: http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/teenpup.html

arunkmohan18
December 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM
i want all types of media codecs for ubuntu 9.1 and i want exact files because i want to help my friends also
please help me

ST3ALTHPSYCH0
December 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Usually the first time you try to play a restricted format Ubuntu gives you exact instructions on how to install the proper codecs.

Terl
December 14th, 2009, 05:10 PM
i want all types of media codecs for ubuntu 9.1 and i want exact files because i want to help my friends also
please help me

You can install the codecs into the current installation you have. Do you have Ubuntu installed? As mentioned earlier in the thread you can easily install the ubuntu-restricted-extras which will get you the codes you need. You can also install what is needed to watch dvd's as well.

arunkmohan18
December 16th, 2009, 05:11 PM
please anyone can give me a link of all types of players that work in ubuntu 9.10

philinux
December 16th, 2009, 05:14 PM
please anyone can give me a link of all types of players that work in ubuntu 9.10

Do you want to install 9.10 or just run the live cd?

rajeev1204
December 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM

Can you be a little more clear what you are trying to do?

rajeev

arunkmohan18
December 17th, 2009, 12:49 AM
i just want video and music players that work in ubuntu

Merk42
December 17th, 2009, 01:12 AM
i just want video and music players that work in ubuntu

Players or codec?

If you install Ubuntu and then the aforementioned restricted extras you can run mp3, avi and many others in the preinstalled Rhythmbox and Movie Player. You can also go to Ubuntu Software Center and install VLC player for a player that will handle even more codecs.

Ubuntu legally cannot be able to play things like MP3 on the LiveCD, they must be installed after the fact.

mkvnmtr
December 17th, 2009, 01:23 AM
If you open the package manager and in the search box type video player you should find all the video players that you can install with the repositories you have enabled. The same should work for music players.

3rdalbum
December 17th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Listen to what we're saying.

Video and music players do not contain the code to decode and play video and music files. Instead they use seperate files known as "codecs" that provide this support.

Ubuntu comes with codecs to play free, unpatented formats such as Ogg Vorbis, Theora, and FLAC. You can easily add codecs to play almost anything you encounter.

To add these codecs, you just go to Applications > Ubuntu Software Centre and look up "ubuntu-restricted-extras". Install this package. Then the audio and video players on Ubuntu will be able to play almost anything.