PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot print following upgrade to 9.10

TAFKARS
December 14th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Hello all
Following upgrade to 9.10 I am unable to print to my networked office printer. All was well with 9.04 prior to upgrade.

I receive the following error, printed on a page in place of the job I submitted:

PCL XL Error
SubSystem: PAGE
Error: IllegalAttributeCombination
Operator: BeginPage
Position: 3

Any thoughts or advice most welcome!

TAFKARS
January 4th, 2010, 11:35 AM
BUMP

Back in the office following the festive break. Am I the only one to have endured this error...?

Bertik
January 6th, 2010, 11:47 AM
BUMP

Back in the office following the festive break. Am I the only one to have endured this error...?

Me too...

Oilarrak
January 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Exactly the same problem here with a Cannon printer but not with other "older" HP printers.

Our brand new office printer is a Cannon ir3245n. It is a multifunction (fotocopier, fax, printer) that uses a system of accounts to let users print. Setting it up was a pain in the... but I got it in 9.04 and worked flawlessly. Now in 9.10 I receive the mentioned error.
As I said, using other older networked printers (all of them HP) gives no headaches. I am not sure if it is a question of Canon (which uses its own program to set queues) or of Ubuntu.

O.

Oilarrak
January 25th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hi,

I am not certain if this will be of any use to you, but anyway. I fixed the problem with the ir3245n printer by choosing drivers working with PCL protocol not PXL (aka PCL6, if I am not wrong). The latter worked OK in 9.04, but proved to be useless with this particular printer in 9.10. I think all other printers in our office use PCL (PCL5) protocols...then, maybe that's the trick. As a cautionary note: all our other printers are HP, not Canon.

Cheers,

Oilarrak