PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] need help with triplepa boot

valpobro
December 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM
ok im very confused on how to get more partitions on my harddrive. i have windows 7 installed on a 30gb partition and it add windows added some other small partition. now i want to add ubuntu on a 20gb partition, grub, a 200gb fat32, and a 30gb partition for osx86. now when i go to install ubuntu and the grub it won't let me formate any more partitions. can someone give me a step by step way to get me what i need? i know im get something messed up with the logical and primary stuff. please help

blackmail
December 11th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Ok, so i know that windows xp could not be installed on the third partition for example. If you could give a precise example of how your current logical layout is and how the desired layout should be, that would help a lot in understanding the issue. I think windows uses a boot loader, any way from Vista till now. Oh yes and check if your mac os has any partition restrictions. if you want you could clean format your HDD, and then on the second partition install ubuntu, and after that on the first you should install windows7 and if your grup won't work , well that is easy to fix, 2-3 lines in a live cd terminal. But please give a clean concise explanation of your desire to be able to clearly help...