PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lightweight audio player with the following basic features?

JohneG
December 9th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I just want a nice basic, yet intuitive, audio play with the following features -

Playlists
Browser feature

Thats actually about it. Something nice and lightweight that does what i want it to do and not much else. Give me a few to try out (as lightweight as possible please) :D Thank you,

JohnEg

Dennis N
December 9th, 2009, 10:28 PM
You might look at Audacious. It does not create a music database. You add files by browsing to your music directories. Loads and saves playlists. Similar to classic Winamp 2.xx - I use it.

The default skin is not that attractive - Refugee looks better and comes with it. Aucacious also uses any classic Winamp skins.

JohneG
December 9th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I have tried audacious before and whilst liking it i find its interface very small and awkward to use

ajgreeny
December 9th, 2009, 10:59 PM
You can make it a lot bigger with the option of "scale" in the "view" menu.

I also found it quite unusable at the default size on a larger resolution monitor, so always use scale.

JohneG
December 9th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I have used the scale option but i do still find the buttons awkward. Any other help?

JohneG
December 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM
By the way when i said browser feature i meant that i could browse by artist/album etc. Is that possible in audicious?

Dennis N
December 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
By the way when i said browser feature i meant that i could browse by artist/album etc. Is that possible in audicious?

No...it works like WinAmp or XMMS (from which it derives). No music database (library) is created by the program to browse.