PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Audio players showing mutiples of the same track

gandalf2000
December 9th, 2009, 11:58 AM
All of the audio players that I have used over the past couple of years, and this includes XP and 7, show duplicates, triples and more of the same track on some albums but not all. This is obviously not a problem with Linux but I have never found out how to stop this. It even migrated to my Ipod, ggrrrrrrrr. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix it, please?

LuisGMarine
December 9th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I couldn't tell you exactly why it's happening, but I have felt your frustration with this issue. The best thing that I can recommend is that you install Sonbird. You can follow the link in my signature to install it on your system.

Once you get songbird installed. You want to make sure that all your files are copied and managed by Songbird. You can turn this option by going into:
Tools > Options > Manage Music and click on "Turn Manage Music On."

Songbird works like iTunes in the way that it will only remove files from you computer unless they are copied over to it's own folder. The other good benifit of doing this, is that everytime you change the metadata on your songs, it will auto rename, file, and sort your songs. It helps trust me, keeping 30,000 song library in order with proper file names is more than you can ask for.

Also when you install it, download this plugin for it. This is the magic maker. It will identify, and eradicate all your duplicate & ghost tracks. This is a huge money maker.

http://addons.songbirdnest.com/addon/216

Hope this helps, best of luck!

gandalf2000
December 9th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks Marine, I'll do that. I have used Songbird in the past and liked it but I didn't have that plugin. I go now to do battle.

gandalf2000
December 10th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Worked a treat, Marine. Thanks. Now, let's see what next will frustrate me. ;)

LuisGMarine
December 10th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I'm still waiting for it to tick me off. So far Songbird has been running flawlessly. Go ahead and mark this thread as solved, if you feel like you question has been answered. Enjoy Songbird man, it's one hell of an app. :guitar: